The Connecticut woman who accused Bob Dylan of repeatedly sexually assaulting her in New York City decades ago has extended the time frame for when the abuse allegedly took place.
The 68-year-old, who testified anonymously in August under the initials “JC”, claimed the abuse took place over “several months” in 1965 instead of “six weeks,” court documents have revealed. The costume was changed last week.
Lawsuit alleges singer, real name Robert Allen Zimmerman, “befriended and emotionally bonded with complainant” and then repeatedly sexually assaulted her in her hotel apartment Chelsea when she had just turned 12.
The lawsuit also claimed that the folk icon, now 80, had inflicted on JC “drugs, alcohol and threats of physical violence”, which left her “emotionally scarred and psychologically damaged to this day “.
BOB DYLAN PROSECUTED FOR Alleged sexual assault on a 12-year-old child in 1965
JC filed his case on the eve of the end of New York’s two-year child victimization law retrospective, Page Six reported. It allows victims of child abuse to file a complaint even if the allegations are long past the statute of limitations.
“The amended complaint recycles the same fabricated claims as the original complaint filed in August,” a spokesperson for Dylan told Fox News Digital on Tuesday. “They were as bogus then as they are now. We will pursue all legal options, including pursuing sanctions against the lawyers behind this shameful, defamatory and opportunistic case.”
In response, Peter Gleason, the attorney representing JC, told Fox News Digital: “Bob Dylan, the so-called voice of a generation should not, through his spokesperson, seek to hijack the “Attention to the problem. While Dylan will have his opportunity to defend the allegations, allowing his spokesperson to threaten the victim’s lawyers is deplorable.”
“Maybe Dylan’s spokesperson should reflect on his client’s previous quote on where the sense of truth came from,” he explained.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER
Gleason then provided a quote from Dylan, which is attributed to his 2004 memoir “Chronicles: Volume One”, which reads as follows.
“The truth was the last thing I thought about, and even though there was such a thing, I didn’t want it in my house,” it read. “Odipe went for the truth and when he found it it ruined him. It was a cruel horror of a joke. Too bad for the truth. I was going to speak from both sides of my mouth, and what you heard depended on which side you were standing on. If I ever came across a truth, I was going to sit on it and keep it down. “
Another of JC’s attorneys, Daniel Isaacs, also told Fox News Digital, “The complaint speaks for itself, and we look forward to taking this case where it belongs, in a courtroom.”
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
The initial complaint filed in August alleged that the musician had used his star status to prepare his alleged victim. Shortly thereafter, reports revealed that Dylan was on tour most of the time when the alleged abuse allegedly took place, Page Six noted. However, Isaacs maintained that his client’s complaints continued and that there was sufficient time between tour dates for the incident in question to occur.
If you or someone you know is experiencing abuse, please contact the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-4673.