We are looking for a Creative Director in the Film & TV Sync department based in our Burbank, CA office.
We are an active and dynamic independent music publisher. The Creative Director should have connections in the film/TV community, trailers, games music supervisors and content creators. You must be able to closely follow and pass on instructions and information. You need to understand storytelling with music and images, be organized with strong playlist skills and an understanding of the sync music business.
- Respond to briefs from music supervisors as they come in, following them through to the quote stage
- Develop, cultivate and maintain lasting relationships with music supervisors, co-publishers, labels, game companies and other content creators
- Proactively seek out unique opportunities for peer music writers in film and television programming
- Create and manage playlists in DICSO based on mood, genre, theme, era, chart success, and more.
- Compile and maintain film/television production schedules to track various projects by engaging with supervisors, networks, studios, game companies and online sources
- Work closely with A&R, advertising and international offices to generate opportunities.
- Engage writers for sync projects, assignments, and collaborations
- Create, maintain and manage relationships with the synchronization representative and administrative partner
- Act as A&R and point of contact for film and TV-focused signings; ensure that the needs of offline songwriters and catalogs in the Film & TV department are met company-wide
- Find and sign sync-friendly songwriters and artists on the peermusic list
Qualifications and experience
- The ideal candidate will be independent, quick learner, have common sense and good judgment in practical matters
- A minimum of three to five years of experience in the music industry
- Any second language is an asset
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication as well as great interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize based on changing workload
- Ability to work well in a collaborative and supportive team environment
- Compulsory COVID vaccination
- Competitive salary and paid holiday schedule, including a paid week off between Christmas and New Years
- Generous medical/dental/vision packages
- 401k – 50% match up to 5%
- Work within a diverse and respectful global community of people passionate about music and serving those who create it
For consideration, please send resume with cover letter to [email protected]